Demand for Cruises from Southampton Reaches 5 Year High as Flight Cancellations Continue
Google Searches for ‘Cruises from Southampton’ have reached a 5 year high, beating pre-pandemic levels, as flight cancellations and channel crossing delays hit the headlines.
While the new headlines are being dominated by stories about flight cancellations. cruises from Southampton are proving to be a popular option for holidaymakers looking for a stress-free, last-minute getaway this year. There are no less than 95 cruise itineraries departing from Southampton in June, July and August ranging from 2 to 30 nights in duration and in the last 2 weeks 65% of customers have booked a cruise sailing from the UK.
Dave Mills, VP Global Supply at Planet Cruise, says:“Cruising from a UK port has always been a very civilised way to start your holiday. Embarkation times are usually late morning or early afternoon and you can drive, take the train or taxi to the port and be onboard your ship enjoying our holiday in no time. This summer we are spoiled by the range and quality of cruises available from UK ports including departures from Southampton, Dover, Tilbury, Liverpool Newcastle and Rosyth. We have seen a trend for late bookings as demand for travel goes from strength to strength as the world re-opens.”
These are all the ships sailing from Southampton this summer
- Virtuosa (MSC) is visiting Spain, France, Portugal, Fjords and Canaries
- Bolette (Fred Olsen) is visiting the Fjords, Scotland and the Balkans
- Iona (P&O Cruises) is sailing to the Fjords
- Ventura (P&O Cruises) is sailing to Spain, Portugal and the Canaries
- Aurora (P&O Cruises) will be visiting the Channel Islands, Scandinavia and the Arctic Circle
- Arcadia (P&O Cruises) will be visiting Portugal, Spain and Scandinavia
- Britannia (P&O Cruises) is sailing to the Western Mediterranean and Scandinavia.
- Sky Princess offers itineraries to Iceland, Norway, Scandinavia and the Mediterranean with celebrity guest speakers onboard.
- Emerald Princess is sailing around the British Isles visiting England, Scotland, Ireland and Northern Ireland.
- Enchanted Princess will be visiting Scandinavia, Iceland, Spain and France, the Canary Islands and the Mediterranean. Celebrity guest speakers will be onboard many of the itineraries.
- Island Princess has some longer itineraries to Iceland and Greenland and Scandinavia
- Anthem of the Seas (Royal Caribbean) will be visiting Spain, Portugal, the Mediterranean and the Fjords
- Celebrity Silhouette will sail to Iceland, the Fjords, Scandinavia, Ireland and the Mediterranean
- Queen Mary 2 (Cunard) enjoy a 14 night classic roundtrip to New York or a 14 night cruise to the Western Mediterranean
- Queen Victoria (Cunard) will embark on a 14 night trip to the Fjords in August.
- Sirena (Oceania) will be visiting France and Northern Spain on a luxury 10 night voyage in June.
Other No-Fly UK Departure Ports this summer
- Carnival Pride will be sailing to Scandinavia, France, Spain, British Isles and Iceland
- MS Maud (Hurtigruten) is offering some fascinating itineraries: Archipelagos, Fjord and Quaint Fishing Towns and Picturesque ports of the UK with a wildlife focus
- Bolette (Fred Olsen) will be embarking on an 8 night Scenic Isles and Lochs of Scotland cruise.
- Sirena (Oceania) has a Nordic Trailblazer itinerary on July 23rd for luxury
- Borealis (Fred Olsen) will sail to Greenland, Iceland, Faroe Islands, Azores, Madeira, Ireland and Canada
- Balmoral (Fred Olsen) has 4 varied itineraries taking in the Orkney Islands, Shetland, Arctic Fjords, Norway and Northern Europe.
- Balmoral (Fred Olsen) has 7 varied itineraries taking in Iceland, Norway and Northern Europe.
- Ambassador Ambience will be offering a range of itineraries visiting Iceland, Greenland, the Fjords, British Isles and Ireland.
Source: Google Trends