Seven Things You Might Not Know About P&O Cruises Iona
P&O Cruises newest and most innovative ship, Iona is designed to invite the outdoors in. Having initially been delayed due to the coronavirus pandemic, this brand-new ship set sail with a flourish offering UK staycation cruises, including a visit to her namesake in Scotland. As the latest ship to join the P&O Cruises' fleet, we've put together a guide to some of the things you might not know about Iona. Keep reading to find out more!
1. She's Powered By LNG
Powered by LNG, or liquified natural gas, P&O Cruises' Iona is the greenest ship in the fleet, and is not only one of the only ships in Britain of its kind, but also one of just a few around the world. Using state-of-the-art technology, emissions of sulphur dioxide and carbon are reduced, making sailing on this impressive ship more environmentally friendly.
2. There Are 30 Bars And Restaurants On Board
Alongside fleet favourites such as Sindhu, The Glass House and the buffet restaurant, guests will be able to enjoy all-new dining experiences on board Iona. The Keel & Cow serves up gastropub delights, from burgers and classic fish and chips to prime steak ,with views across the Grand Atrium and out to sea. And if you want your dinner with a side of dazzling entertainment, look no further than The Limelight Club, a venue designed exclusively for adults. When it's time for a drink, be sure to check out the views and cocktails at the Crow's Nest, or enjoy a taste of home at Brodie's, a bar inspired by British pubs.
3. Enjoy Freedom Dining Throughout
No two days are the same when you embark on a cruise, meaning you may want some flexibility when it comes to dining. On P&O Cruises' Iona, this is exactly what you get. With Freedom Dining throughout at the four main dining rooms, you can eat at a different time, place and table every evening of your cruise. Whether you're sailing with children or you simply want some flexibility, dining on Iona is guaranteed to be stress free.
4. There's A Four-Screen Cinema
Another new addition, Ocean Studios is a well-sized cinema found exclusively on board Iona and sister ship Arvia. Boasting four different screens, each with comfortable seating and classic cinema snacks, there's no better way to while away a couple of hours. Whether you're heading there as family, on a solo trip or a date night, there's sure to be a film to suit.
5. You Can Enjoy The Pool Whatever The Weather
No matter where you're sailing or what the time of year, thanks to Iona's SkyDome you can enjoy lounging by the pool whatever the weather. With nearby bars and places to eat, you're in for a truly relaxing day at this indoor pool area. And when the sun sets, the SkyDome comes to life with amazing entertainment, including live shows, DJs and even breathtaking aerial performances.
6. Kids Are Welcome TooA cruise on Iona isn't just for the adults; there's plenty for younger guests to do as well. While kids are bound to love a trip to the cinema, diving into the pools or a show at Headliners Theatre, they can also have fun and make new friends at the ship's kids clubs which are included in the price of the cruise fare. The Reef is P&O Cruises kids programmes, and offers different groups for those aged between six months and 12 years. From soft play and puppet shows to computer games, arts and crafts and much more, the dedicated crew are on hand to make sure that everyone is having fun. Plus, those aged 13-17 can also enjoy some time away from their parents at Scene, complete with video games, sports and planned activities.
7. You Can Stay In A Conservatory Mini Suite
When booking your cruise on board Iona, why not try out the brand-new conservatory mini suite? As well as lots of space inside to spread out and unwind when you're not exploring ashore or on board, the suite's conservatory-style means you can make the most of the ocean views even on cooler days. And when it gets warmer, simply slide the windows open and you'll feel even closer to the sea.
Ready to see Iona for yourself? Browse all P&O Cruises' Iona cruise deals and choose the perfect cruise for you.