Coronavirus Cancelled Cruises Updates
Due to the suspension of operations by many cruise lines as a result of the Coronavirus outbreak a large number of cruises have been cancelled, please see the details below. We are updating this page as soon as we get information from the cruise lines. Last update: Monday 10th May 2021 12:27pm
As Planet Cruise is a member of ABTA, and ATOL bonded, please be assured your money is 100% protected with us, as it will be into the future.
If your cruise has been cancelled
- P&O Cruises Cancellation Information
- Information about available Future Cruise Credits
- Frequently asked questions relating to Coronavirus cruise changes
- New flexible cancellation policies from the cruise lines
"Our cruise was cancelled due to COVID 19. We were offered options and chose a full refund which was issued in a timely manner so we had nothing to worry about. Excellent service "
28th March 2021,
via Trust Pilot
Cancelled cruises due to Coronavirus
(In alphabetical order by cruise line)
Suspended until further notice - exact details to follow
Cancelled: all cruises up to and including 31st May 2021 and Mekong cruises until 30th September 2021.
American Queen Steamboat Company
Cancelled cruises per ship are as follows:
- American Duchess intends to resume itineraries on 17th August 2020 with the Lower Mississippi sailing (starting with a pre-cruise hotel stay on 16th August 2020)
- American Countess intends to resume itineraries on 23rd August 2020
- American Empress sailings cancelled up to and including 16th August 2020
- American Queen sailings cancelled up to and including 30th August 2020
APT River Cruises
Cancelled: all cruises up to and including 30th April 2021
Cancelled: all cruises until 31st May 2021
Azamara will return to service as follows:
- Azamara Quest- 28th August 2021
- Azamara Journey- 13th October 2021
- Azamara Pursuit- 28th September 2021
All Carnival sailings are cancelled up to and including 21st June 2021. The following cancellations are also in place:
- Carnival Legend European season from 17th May to 31st October 2021
- Carnival Magic up to and including 30th October 2021.
- Carnival Paradise up to and including 28th October 2021.
- Carnival Valor up to and including 28th October 2021.
- Carnival Miracle sailings from San Diego and San Francisco up to and including 16th September 2021
- Carnival Liberty cruises from Port Canaveral between 17th September and 18th October 2021
- Carnival Sunshine cruises from Charleston between 11th October and 13th November 2021
Cancelled: all sailings through May 2021. Additional cancellations are as follows:
- Celebrity Silhouette cruises from 12th June to 26th August 2021 to make way for new UK British Isles resumption sailings.
- Celebrity Apex cruises between 5th June and 19th October 2021 as this ship is being redeployed to sail from Athens
- Transatlantic and Europe sailings onboard Celebrity Constellation and Celebrity Edge from May to October 2021
- Celebrity Millennium Alaska and Pacific Coastal sailings for the remainder of the Summer 2021 season
Due to redeployment, the following cruises in the 2021/2022 season have been cancelled:
- Celebrity Edge Long Caribbean departures from 12th November 2021 until 8th April 2022
- Celebrity Summit departures from San Juan from 16th October 2021 until 20th April 2022
- Celebrity Infinity Short Caribbean departures from 3rd January until 2nd April 2022
- Celebrity Silhouette Southampton departures on 29th October, 7th and 19th November 2021
- Celebrity Infinity Barcelona departure on 19th November 2021
- Celebrity Silhouette South America departures from 5th December 2021 until 27th March 2022
While these cruises have been cancelled, the ships will be redeployed in the 2021/2022 Winter Season as follows:
- Celebrity Summit will replace Celebrity Infinity on short Caribbean cruises, with Celebrity Edge also offering short cruises in the Caribbean
- Celebrity Infinity will replace Celebrity Silhouette and sail in South America
- Celebrity Silhouette will offer long Caribbean cruises
Cancelled: All cruises until 28th May 2021. Cruises from 29th May to 28th August 2021 will be onboard Celestyal Crystal instead of Celestyal Experience.
Cancelled: all cruises until March 2021 except those onboard Costa Deliziosa, Costa Smeralda, Costa Diadema and Costa Firenze.
Cancelled: All cruises until 15th July 2020
Cruise and Maritime Voyages
Cruise and Maritime entered administration on Monday 20th July 2020. All future Cruise and Maritime bookings are cancelled, we will be in touch with you to advise how to reclaim any money that you are owed and to discuss alternative holidays. Please be assured that your money is protected.
Crystal Ocean and River Cruises
Cancelled: All cruises as follows-
- Ocean - cruises onboard Crystal Symphony through to December 2021. Crystal Serenity will be redeployed to the Caribbean from August to December 2021.
- River - through to June 2021
- Expedition - until 1st May 2021
- Yacht- through 1st August 2021
Cancelled: all cruises as follows-
- Queen Elizabeth- up to and including 11th October 2021
- Queen Mary 2- up to and including 12th November 2021
- Queen Victoria- up to and including 27th August 2021
Cancelled: all cruises until 1st April 2021
All cruises onboard Disney Fantasy, Disney Wonder and Disney Dream have been cancelled through June 2021. Cruises onboard Disney Magic have been cancelled up to and including 9th October 2021.
Emerald Ocean Cruises
Cancelled: All cruises up to and including 30th April 2021.
Emerald Waterways River Cruises
Cancelled: All river cruises through 30th June 2021
Fred. Olsen Cruises
All Fred. Olsen cruises onboard Bolette, Balmoral and Borealis have been cancelled through June 2021. Cruises onboard Braemar are cancelled until Spring 2022. The following cruises have also been cancelled:
- Balmoral cruises from Newcastle on 11th, 20th and 29th August and 4th September 2021
- Balmoral cruises from Rosyth on 28th and 31st July, and 5th August 2021
- Balmoral cruises on 1st, 14th, 21st and 31st July
As of 3rd December 2020 Fred. Olsen no longer offer river cruises.
Great Rail Journey
Cancelled: cruises until 31st May 2021
Cancelled: All cruises until 30th June 2020 with the exception of sailings to US ports, which are until 31st July 2020
Holland America Line
Cancelled: all sailings departing through to June 2021 with the exception of-
- US Sailings: sailings consisting of 8 days or longer that call at a US port cancelled until 1st November 2021.
- Canada/New England sailings: All Zaandam cruises through August 2021
- Westerdam cruises until 31st August 2021
- Volendam cruises until 25th July 2021
The cruise line have sold the following ships from the fleet - Amsterdam, Maasdam, Veendam and Rotterdam. All cruises on these ships are fully cancelled through to 2022.
Norwegian Coastal Voyages are cancelled on 6th, 17th and 28th February 2021. Expedition cruises are cancelled as follows:
- Antarctica expedition cruises up to and including 31st March 2021 onboard MS Roald Amundsen, MS Fridtjof Nansen and MS Fram
- South/Central and North America sailings up to and including 1st May 2021
- MS Maud sailings on 13th and 27th April 2021
- MS Spitsbergen sailings on 20th April, 2nd May and 12th May 2021
- Fridtjof Nansen sailings on 30th April and 10th May 2021
- MS Roald Amundsen sailing on 5th May 2021
- MS Roald Amundsen Alaska cruises on 12th and 24th May 2021, 5th, 17th and 29th June 2021 and 15th and 31st July 2021.
Cancellations are as follows:
- All sailings on Marella Celebration as this ship has left the fleet.
- All future Marella Dream sailings as this ship has left the fleet.
- Marella Explorer 2 sailings from Dubrovnik up to and including 21st October 2021.
- Marella Explorer sailings from Palma up to and including 25th September 2021.
- Marella Discovery sailings from Palma up to and including 31st July 2021.
- Marella Discovery 2 sailings from Corfu Town up to and including 31st July 2021.
MSC Cruises' voyages are cancelled up to and including the following dates:
- MSC ARMONIA- 28th June 2021
- MSC BELLISSIMA- 9th May 2021
- MSC DIVINA- 27th June 2021
- MSC FANTASIA- 31st October 2021
- MSC GRANDIOSA- 4th June 2021
- MSC LIRICA- 5th November 2021
- MSC MAGNIFICA- MSC Magnifica ex-UK 2021 programme has been cancelled
- MSC MERAVIGLIA- 26th June 2021
- MSC MUSICA- 19th June 2021
- MSC OPERA- 23rd October 2021
- MSC ORCHESTRA- 4th June 2021
- MSC POESIA- 21st October 2021
- MSC PREZIOSA- 10th June 2021
- MSC SEASIDE- 3rd June 2021
- MSC SEAVIEW- 18th June 2021
- MSC SINFONIA- 13th November 2021
- MSC SPLENDIDA- 11th June 2021
- MSC VIRTUOSA- 19th May 2021
Norwegian Cruise Line
All cruises have been cancelled through 31st August 2021 with the exception of Norwegian Bliss and Pride of America. Cruises onboard Norwegian Epic have been cancelled up to and including 1st September 2021 and cruises onboard Norwegian Pearl up to and including 7th November 2021.Norwegian Joy cruises prior to 9th October 2021
Sailings onboard Riviera, Regatta, Insignia, Nautica and Sirena are cancelled through 30th September 2021. Marina will resume itineraries from 29th August 2021.
P&O Cancellations: Cruises onboard Arcadia, Aurora, Azura and Ventura have been cancelled until the end of August 2021. 4-night Britannia cruises cancelled on 29th August and 2nd, 5th, 9, 12th and 16th September 2021. These will be replaced by 7-night cruises departing on 29th August and 5th and 12th September 2021.
Visit our dedicated P&O Cruises cancellations page to find out more.
Cancelled: all cruises globally through 14th May 2021 and all cruises longer than 7 days going to or from a US port. Cruise holidays from Los Angeles, Ft. Lauderdale and Rome have also been cancelled through 30th June 2021 and cruises from Seattle are cancelled until 27th June 2021.
Princess Cruises have cancelled sailings from Southampton on Sky Princess, Regal Princess and Island Princess through 25th September 2021. However, these have made way for an alternative series of short breaks and week-long cruises departing from Southampton. Visit our dedicated Princess Cruises cancellations page to find out more.The following cruises have also been cancelled-
- All remaining cruises onboard Pacific Princess, Star Princess and Golden Princess as these three ships are leaving the fleet
- All cruises from Australia and New Zealand through 31st May 2021
- All cruises into and out of Japan through 25th June 2021
- Diamond Princess sailings between October 2021 and April 2022
- 2021 Island Princess World Cruise sailing from North America, as well as all associated segments
- 2021 Pacific Princess Circle South America sailing from Australia, as well as all associated positioning cruises
- Sea Princess cruises until 9th November 2021
- Sun Princess Cruises until 14th August 2021
- 2021 Alaska season onboard Sapphire Princess
- 2021 European voyages and 2022 South America sailings onboard Discovery Princess. This ship is now expected to enter service in Spring 2022.
- Caribbean Princess cruises on 4th and 12th November 2021
Suspended until further notice - exact details to follow
Cancelled: All cruises until 15th November 2020
The following October to December cruises have been cancelled:
- Austral - 31st
- Bellot - 25th, 28th
- Boreal- 28th
- Champlain- 27th
- Dumont D'Urville - 29th
- Laperouse - 28th
- Lyrial - 24th
- Ponant- 27th
- Bellot- 1st, 10th, 23rd
- Jacques Cartier- 2nd, 19th, 27th
- Champlain- 3rd, 10th, 17th, 18th, 24th, 26th
- Soleal- 3rd, 4th, 28th
- Dumont D'Urville- 9th, 17th, 29th
- Lyrial- 9th, 29th
- Boreal- 10th, 16th, 17th, 18th, 19th, 27th
- Laperouse- 14th, 28th
- Austral- 18th, 28th
- Bougainville- 21st, 29th
- Boreal- 2nd, 12th
- Bellot- 4th, 18th, 29th
- Jacques Cartier- 5th, 13th, 21st, 29th
- Bougainville- 7th, 15th
- Laperouse- 7th, 20th, 28th
- Austral- 8th, 18th
- Champlain- 8th, 15th, 16th, 22nd, 28th, 29th
- Dumont D'Urville- 11th
- Soleal- 13th, 23rd
Cruises onboard Seven Seas Explorer, Voyager, Mariner and Navigator are cancelled through 30th September 2021. Seven Seas Splendor will return to cruising from 11th September 2021.>
Cancelled: all sailings until 31st May 2021
Royal Caribbean Cruises
Cancelled: all cruises up to and including 30th June 2021, excluding sailings onboard Quantum, Adventure, Vision and Odyssey of the Seas. The following cancellations are also in place:
- Anthem of the Sea cruises in June, July and August as this ship will be redeployed to the UK to offer UK summer sailings
- Adventure of the Seas Europe 2021 season from 6th June to 14th October 2021
- Quantum of the Seas Alaska sailings departing from 5th April to 14th October 2021
- Odyssey of the Seas cruises from 9th May to 28th October 2021 departing from Rome (Civitavecchia), Italy as this ship will now homeport in Haifa, Israel from June and sail for residents of Israel only.
Saga Ocean and River Cruises
- River cruises cancelled until 17th May 2021
- Spirit of Discovery through to 12th April 2021
- Spirit of Adventure through to 4th May 2021
Scenic Discovery Yacht
All cruises cancelled until 30th April 2021.
Scenic River Cruises
Cancelled: All river cruises through 30th June 2021
Cancelled: all cruises up to and including the following dates-
- Seabourn Odyssey- select voyages cancelled from 16th January until 5th November 2021. Voyages in Alaska/British Columbia and the Pacific Coast sailing for seven nights have not been cancelled.
- Seabourn Sojourn- 25th September 2021
- Seabourn Quest- 7th November 2021
- Seabourn Encore- 21st August 2021
- Seabourn Ovation- 3rd July 2021
- Seabourn Venture- delivery scheduled for December 2021 instead of the original July 2021
SeaDream I will begin cruising on 12th June 2021 and SeaDream II on 5th June 2021.
Cancelled: cruises as follows-
- Royal Clipper until 3rd July2021
- Star Flyer until 10th July 2021
- Star Clipper until 11th September 2021
Cruises will resume per ship on the following dates:
- Silver Cloud - 14th November 2021
- Silver Wind - 20th November 2021
- Silver Shadow - 8th September 2021
- Silver Spirit - 6th July 2021
- Silver Muse - 12th July 2021
- Silver Whisper - 4th July 2021
- Silver Explorer - 28th May 2021
- Silver Moon - 18th June 2021
- Silver Dawn- 9th November 2021
- Silver Origin - 5th June 2021
TUI River Cruises
TUI cruise cancellations: All cruises up to and including 30th May 2021 and TUI Isla cruises up to and including 30th October 2021
Cancelled: All cruises through 31st December 2020
Cancelled: All ocean and river departures until 31st August 2020
Virgin Voyages cruises are cancelled through 30th June 2021.
Cruises are scheduled to resume as follows:
- Wind Spirit- 15th July 2021
- Star Breeze- 19th June 2021
- Star Legend- 4th September 2021
- Wind Star- 19th June 2021
- Wind Surf- 8th August 2021
- Star Pride- 3rd November 2021